Monday, April 20, 2009

abide in ME (part 2)

Chapter 3: Trusting Him to Keep You
Not as though I had already attained, either were already perfect; but I follow after, if that I may apprehend that for which also I am apprehended of Christ Jesus. -Philippians 3:12

Abiding in Him is not a work that we have to do as the condition for enjoying His salvation, but a consenting to let Him do all for us, and in us, and through us. It is a work He does for us: the fruit and the power of His redeeming love. Our part is simply to yield, to trust, and to wait for what He has engaged to perform.


You are not under the law, with its inexorable do, but under grace, with its blessed believe what Christ will do for you.


Chapter 4: As the Branch in the Vine
I am the vine, ye are the branches -John 15:5

The believer can each day be pleasing to God only in that which he does through the power of Christ dwelling in him.


How little have I understood how great my need of, but also how perfect my claim to, all His fullness! How little understood, how great His need of, but also how perfect His claim to, my emptiness! Let me, in its beautiful light, study the wondrous union between Jesus and His people, until it becomes to me the guide into full communion with my beloved Lord. Let me listen and believe, until my whole being cries out, "Jesus is indeed to me the True Vine, bearing me, nourishing me, supplying me, using me, and filling me to the full to make me bring forth fruit abundantly."

No comments: