Tuesday, October 4, 2005

Day 2

So, I forgot to mention in my post yesterday that I got my tickets this weekend for the Andrew Peterson Christmas concert at the Ryman on December 11th! You'd think that I would remember that since I'm so freakin' excited about it, but noooo, I forgot. I'm sitting in the front row of the balcony again this year. Last year's seats were so sweet. This year's will hopefully be just as sweet. My mom and I have roped my aunt into our insanity this year. That's right, all three of us will drive up to Nashville late Friday/early Saturday to get there and fellowship (read: go to La Hacienda and eat cheese) and sit in awe at the amazing amount of talent on the Ryman's stage.

And now I'd like to take a moment to say that I love this guy: Randall Goodgame. That is what I'm aspiring to - sharing things from my life to enlighten (and amuse). And heck, if I could write a song like him I wouldn't be too upset either! :-D

That brings me to the Fall Festival at the church. They've asked me to lead the singing while playing my guitar for the "sing-along" after the baking contests and the dinner and all. First of all, what are they...crazy or something? They asked me a while back and said that they want to do campfire songs or something like that. 'Cause I know a lot of those! I'm not the world's best guitarist either. They only time that they've seen me play is when our worship leader was out of town and I filled in...in the background, with a direct box that was ghetto-rigged and only worked half of the time and they didn't really even turn me up in the house system. So, yeah. I mean, I like to think that I can play, but I really don't know. Now I have to try and get that Saturday off (the 15th) as well as the 22nd, since my aunt won 4 tickets to Mark Schultz in Orlando. *Sigh* I don't know if I can do it or not. It could be a really great experience or it could really suck. Those are my thoughts for tonight. I should go to bed since I'm opening in the morning. Maybe I'll just play a little bit of guitar first...

Anyway, until next time, God bless!

2 comments:

Geof F. Morris said...

Are you going to come and hang out with us this year?

heatherirene said...

I hope that I can for a little while, but I will be with my mom and my aunt, so I don't know.