Monday, May 2, 2005

Grr...

Sometimes I just want to scream really loudly. Thank goodness for walking partners like Kim (and Kelcey, the happy black lab!). It's been one of those days...in oh so many ways. It's been good, it's been ugly. God has shown Himself to me in many places and the devil has stuck his ugly face in mine and laughed. I guess that's just how it goes. The question is whether or not to persevere. Oddly enough, I open my Book of Common Prayer and today's Epistle reading is James 1:1-15

2Consider is all joy, my brethren, when you encounter various trials, 3knowing that the testing of your faith produces endurance.


12Blessed is a man who perseveres under trial; for once he has been approved, he will receive the crown of life which the Lord has promised to whose who love Him.


Hello! Yeah...you don't need to tell me twice. But You do anyway...Luke 9:18-27 was my Gospel lesson:

25For what is a man profited if he gains the whole world, and loses or forfeits himself?


So basically I'm being taught that the devil is going to throw all kinds of crap (or insert other wording...) at me and I can expect it because I am choosing to listen to and follow the only One that is Truth. The world didn't except Him and it's not going to except me because I don't buy into the "way of the world". Let's home that tomorrow is at least a little easier than today.

Until then, go under the mercy...

No comments: