Sunday, November 20, 2005

6 days...

It's 6 days until my birthday, 5 days until the most dreaded day in retail, and 4 days to Thanksgiving. As all of these things are drawing closer, I can't help but look past them to Christmas. It's a little odd, since Thanksgiving is one of my favorite holidays, but the whole Christmas season has always made me feel excited. I love the decorations, the music, and most importantly, the meaning behind all of it. I love the symbolism and the pagentry. I love the traditions that have been passed down. We're one week away from Advent, but I feel as if I'm already there.

This will be my first year working in retail at Christmas, and I'm really hoping that it won't dampen my spirit. I suppose that I'll just need to be more vigilant about keeping myself fed. That's where I have been lax in the last few weeks and maybe even longer than that. I allow myself to go into these modes where I get "too busy" and don't make the time that I need to be in the Word and in prayer. Not to say that I'm not praying, because that's almost a constant thing, but I'm not taking to time to listen for His Word for me. I wish that I could snap my fingers and all of a sudden I'd be back on track, but we all know that wouldn't work! :)


All that being said, I just pray that I can fully enter into the season this year and that He will grant me a peace in my heart that will allow me to share my experiences with all the people that I come in contact with, which is a lot of people! That's probably enough deep thought for tonight. Until next time, go under the mercy!

No comments: