Thursday, April 6, 2006

why I wish I were a man...

There are some times that I wish that I was a guy. This is one of those times. Let me tell you why. If I were I guy, I wouldn't hesitate to act on my urge to go for a walk at night and lay out somewhere and look at the stars. I love looking at the stars. As I finished reading "Through Painted Deserts" this afternoon at Mitchell's, I couldn't help but wish that I was doing the same thing that Don and Paul did. Don talks a lot about the stars. I don't know...maybe it's a bit too much for me to drive around in a van with only the things that I have with me, but it's something to think about. Could I handle that? They experienced such beauty in God's creation and had His grace extended to them so many times through willing servants. If you haven't read this book, I highly recommend it. I'll even lend it to you after I get it back from Karis, who has already asked for it. So, there it is: why I wish I was a man. You can go look at the stars without fear of being assaulted or abducted.

No comments: