Friday, March 23, 2007

the lark ascending...

It's Friday. I can't tell you how excited I am that it's Friday. So, I'm sitting at my desk, listening to the MusicMatch "Classical Mix" radio station (which I love, by the way) and this one piece comes on and I recognize it and I keep listening. Then, all of a sudden, I realize that it isn't sounding like it is sounding in my head. That's when I realized what piece it was. It was "The Lark Ascending", by Vaughn Williams and here I was waiting for the drums to come in, thinking that it was "Be Lifted" from David Crowder* Band's B Collision, which is also on my computer here at work! So, yeah, that made my morning. It's such a beautiful piece! And to top it off, Anne Akiko Myers (violinist) is going to be performing it with the Florida Orchestra in Tampa on Memorial Day Weekend. I really want to go! Good times, indeed. Happy Friday!

No comments: