Thursday, June 2, 2011

Inspiration Workshop {Week #1}

{I'm linking up with Maggie of Gussy Sews for her Inspiration Workshop! Click the links for more information or to join in the fun!}


Back in 2003, I didn’t have a lot of money to spend on Christmas presents {compared to the HUGE amounts that I have now – HA!}, so I decided to make them for everyone. I bought lots of different “old-timey” calico and plaid prints and some off-white fabric (probably muslin?) and set out looking for sayings that I liked. First, I tea-stained the off-white fabric. {I had a lot of time on my hands at that point in time. I think I’d buy something antique looking next time.} I worked the patterns on paper first and then, if I’m not mistaken, I used a washable fabric pen to trace the designs onto the fabric. Then I went to town with the sewing! It was really that simple.



This is the one that I made for my grandmother. When she passed away in 2007 and we went through her house, my mom and aunt thought that I should have it back. I’m still trying to figure out where it will look best in our house. Looking back on making them, I’m inspired to make a few scripture ones for the house. Any suggestions on verses to use?

Gussy

No comments: