Tuesday, June 14, 2005

Rain, manatees, & apartments...oh my!

I'm listening to:



Brave [Bonus Tracks]Brave
by Nichole Nordeman
-Brave


So this weekend was really fun, eventhough it rained almost the whole stinkin' time! Ten of us from our Bible Study (well, 9 from Bible Study and 1 other guy) went up to Homasassa Springs/Crystal River to stay at our friends Kim & Chris's family "shack" on the St. Martin's River. We played games (spoons = dangerous!), went out on the boat (rain + fast boat = ouch!), went to the springs on the boat (COLD WATER!!!). While we were at the Springs on Sunday, 7 manatees swam underneath us. I mean like RIGHT underneath me. I was next to the boat and had to cling onto the boat and lift my feet up so that they didn't touch me. Oh, and we also ate some really good food while we were there. Chris grilled up some yummy steaks on Saturday night!! The best time (sarcasm...) was on the way home when Dena, James (and Phantom...the Jack Russell Terrier), Erik, and I were following Kim & Chris (and Kelcey...the Black Lab) home and the battery on their Explorer died completely. We're talkin' really dead here. We couldn't even use jumper cables. And we still had about 50 miles to go. Luckily, James (or the "car god" as Kim is now calling him) was able to bypass the ignition and get the car started. The car was nice and didn't die again until we were almost home. So it took us 4 hours to get home instead of about 1.5 or 2 hours.

In other news...I put down a holding fee on an apartment yesterday for me & Emileigh!! If everything works out we'll be moving into the apartment on July 15th!!! Keep your fingers crossed!!

No comments: